29-April, 2016: Indian Railway has advertised its plan to redevelop ‘A-1’ and ‘A’ category stations (about 400 in number) on ‘as is where is’ basis, by inviting proposals from developers with their designs and business ideas. The entire cost of station redevelopment is to be met by leveraging commercial development of land and air space in and around the stations.
During various interactions with the stake holders, their response has been encouraging.
In addition to above, redevelopment of eight stations viz., Anand Vihar, Bijwasan, Chandigarh, Gandhinagar, Habibganj (Bhopal), Shivaji Nagar (Pune), Surat and SAS Nagar (Mohali) has been entrusted to Indian Railway Station Development Corporation Ltd. Letter of Intent has been issued for Habibganj station and Request for Qualification (RFQ) for Anand Vihar and Bijwasan stations have been opened.
Ministry of Railways have signed Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) along with the following for Technical Cooperation in Railway Sector wherein Station Development/Modernisation is one of the cooperation areas:-
1. Ministry of Transport, Construction and Regional Development of the Slovak Republic.
2. Department of Transport of the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
3. The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport & Tourism of Japan
4. Ministry of Railway of the Government of the Peoples’ Republic of China
5. The Joint Stock Company “Russian Railways”
6. Czech Railways (CESKE DRAHY) of the Czech Republic and Association of Czech Railway Industry (ACRI) of the Czech Republic.
7. SNCF, the French National Railway.
8. DB International GMBH, Germany
9. RENFE – Operadora and ADIF of the Kingdom of Spain.
10. Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of the Government of the Republic of Korea.
This Press Release based on information given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha on 29.04.2016 (Friday).